Thursday, June 19, 2008

Radiohead

As anyone who knows me in the slightest bit, I am a huge Radiohead fan. I am one of those who absolutely must have every single track ever released/recorded/covered. You can call me what you like, but ever since I got The Bends (I was ten), I've been hooked. Every album is a masterpiece in my opinion and if you disagree, well that's you're opinion and you might want to skip this post. We are all familiar with the pay-whatever-you-want/publicity stunt that they pulled with their latest release, and despite the reasons/outcomes of trying it, it is truly an incredible album (hint: if you don't have it get it, but who doesn't already have it?). in the meantime their old record label is trying to cash in by releasing a box set of all of their albums and a 2-disc greatest hits package, neither of the sales derived from these two monstrosities will ever reach Radiohead's pockets, may I add, and frankly in my opinion it's another example of corporate greed and how anyone will do anything to make a buck, artistic integrity or not. Don't get me wrong I'm not some sort of art-mongering zealot on a soapbox, but seriously, skip the greatest hits album. Besides as you'll see below, I've compiled a number of my favorite Radiohead tracks, along with some of their more rare tracks and B-sides, to give you a more comprehensive summation of their career thus far. So as you can probably guess, the following tracks are choice (but then again every Radiohead track is top-notch, but I didn't know how else to describe them), and if you don't already have all of these albums, go out and buy them, because seriously, what have you been waiting for?

from Pablo Honey:

Radiohead - Thinking About You
Radiohead - Vegetable
Radiohead - Lurgee

from The Bends:

Radiohead - High & Dry
Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees
Radiohead - Just
Radiohead - Street Spirit

from Ok Computer:

Radiohead - Let Down
Radiohead - No Surprises
Radiohead - Paranoid Android
Radiohead - The Tourist

from Kid A:

Radiohead - Everything In Its Right Place
Radiohead - How to Disappear Completely
Radiohead - Optimistic
Radiohead - Motion Picture Soundtrack

from Amnesiac:

Radiohead - Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box
Radiohead - You and Whose Army
Radiohead - I Might Be Wrong

from Hail to the Theif:

Radiohead - 2+2=5
Radiohead - Sit Down, Stand Up
Radiohead - There There
Radiohead - Sail to the Moon

from I Might Be Wrong Live Recordings:

Radiohead - The National Album
Radiohead - Idioteque
Radiohead - Like Spinning Plates
Radiohead - True Love Waits

Some Rarities, B-Sides & Everything Else:

Radiohead - The Trickster
Radiohead - Talk Show Host
Radiohead - Kinetic
Radiohead - Follow Me Around
Radiohead - The Amazing Sound of Orgy
Radiohead - Pearly
Radiohead - Polyethylene (Parts 1&2)
Radiohead - Meeting In The Aisle
Radiohead - A Reminder

I hope everyone enjoys all that, and if you live on the East coast (like I do), check out the All Points West festival, Radiohead will be headlining Friday and Saturday (August 8th and 9th), and tickets are relatively inexpensive considering the talent they have lined up.

No comments: