Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Simply Having a Cringeworthy Christmas Time...

So, while some of you may not enjoy my musical taste and my choices of Holiday related tunes, I decided to dedicate the next installment of the Holiday Mega Mix to the songs that I personally can't stand to hear. It seems as though it is the following collection of songs that plague the airwaves starting the day after Thanksgiving. Whether it's Paul McCartney's incessant synthesizer drone, the incredibly creepy sounding Billy Corgan singing about the rather, ahem, ambiguous, things he does on Christmas to make children happy, the incredibly lounge cheese that is Coldplay's version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", or the "punk rock" stylings of Fall Out Boy, these songs are likely to be mood killers. I swear if I hear Bing and Bowie sing "Little Drummer Boy" for the umpteenth year in a row, I am going to stick freshly sharpened #2 pencils directly into my ear canals.

1. Paul McCartney - Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time
2. Smashing Pumpkins - Christmastime
3. Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas?
4. Coldplay - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
5. Fall Out Boy - Yule Shoot Your Eye Out
6. Cascada - Last Christmas
7. The Ramones - Merry Christmas (I Don't Want to Fight Tonight)
8. Bruce Springsteen - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
9. David Bowie & Bing Crosby - Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy

UGHHH...all I want for Christmas is for someone to make it stop...

No comments: