Sunday, March 25, 2007

Montreal




So, after about six hours of driving, Kozma and I have returned from Montreal. It was a really fun trip and I would definitely recommend visiting, however I would only stay for 3-4 days due to the fact that you can pretty much see everything the city has to offer in that time frame. The people are very nice and pretty much everyone speaks English (however I'm pretty sure that some crack little jokes about "Americans" in French) Needless to say we got really drunk, and we met some interesting folks (hello female Torontonians, drunk girls from Maine, French girl I was attempting to have a conversation with, the sad looking strippers from Chez Paree, waiter at Les Brasseurs, relatively helpful girl at the front desk of the hotel, Ziggy, Absinthe drinking Party Boy from New York who was dancing on the roof of the hotel, and the various other animated characters we came across during our stay). Oh and on our way back we were stopped by the border patrol and searched, drug sniffing dog and all. I think Koz and I were stereotyped as stoner college kids trying to smuggle drugs into the U.S., excuse me but does it look like I swallowed any balloons today? After all that I can't say that I'm enthusiastic about returning to reality, in fact I'm depressed just thinking about it. Anyway, here are some of the tunes that were played constantly while we were up there, including songs that were played in bars, stores, and the top 20 countdown on MusiquePlus!, I have to admit that the music played was relatively good, most of it ranging from mid to late 90s pop rock to the indie hipster stuff I listen to today. of course there was your Nelly Furtados and Celine Dions (Canada has a Nelly Furtado day, for Christ sake), but for the most part the auditory experience of Montreal was a plus, so enjoy.

Mika - Grace Kelly
Nelly Furtado - Say It Right (iTunes Session)
Peter, Bjorn & John - Young Folks
Gary Jules - Mad World (this song was like #7 on the top 20, I found this to be odd since the song is like 6 years old)
Malajube - Montreal -40C
Garbage - Only Happy When It Rains
Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend (She's just like so, WHATEVER)

No comments: