Sunday, February 03, 2008

Feeling sorry for yourself?

Todays' post will be short in the sense that I will be focusing primarily on my personal life instead of offering witty remarks about music and/or other forms of popular culture that I happen to be consuming at the moment. I have come to the conclusion that I am in desperate need of change so I have been looking into moving overseas to teach for a year or so. Someone once accused me of "running away", however I explained to her that I have nothing here to run away from so that couldn't be possible. Anyway, my life has been reduced to this sort of vicious cycle of making me feel depressed and generally bored with whats going on. I'm sure everyone can relate, you get up do the same thing every day of the week, then on the weekends you go out and do the typical drinking/partying only to wake up the next morning and realizing that nothing you did changed anything and you still have to drag yourself through the same shitty week without any sort of reprieve all because she's not with you. I know that I sound like I need Zoloft or something, I can cope with my distress fairly well, besides I'm too busy to complain about anything for any significant period of time, let alone be crippled by sadness. I'm a victim of my own devices, as we all pretty much are, and we all tend to do things that do nothing save for hurt us in the long run. We all need some sanctuary, if you ask me. (What a totally awesome segue into today's song, which I'm a huge fan of by the way, but sure enough I can't make you download anything, although I can really recommend it, and since my opinions are the only ones that matter, you should take it as a sign that you should be clicking on the link below, if you haven't already)

The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary

No comments: