Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentine's/Singles Awareness Day Mixtape '08

I know it's a little late, and to tell you the truth I wasn't going to do a Valentine's/Singles Awareness Day mix this year, love, in a singular sense tends to leave a sour taste in my mouth, that and crushing cynicism that makes me bitter and overwhelmingly depressed at times. But, I figured what the hell, no use crying about it. So this year is definitely focused more on some of the sadder love songs as opposed to some of the happier songs included on V-day mixes from yesteryear. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this mix and hopefully your Valentine's Day was a little better than mine.

1. Asobi Seksu - Walk on the Moon
2. Iron and Wine - Naked As We Came
3. Bright Eyes - Lover I Don't Have to Love
4. The Album Leaf - Always for You
5. Death Cab for Cutie - I Will Follow You Into the Dark
6. Patrick Watson - Luscious Life
7. Muse - Endlessly
8. Stellastarr* - Untitled
9. The Postal Service - The District Sleeps Alone Tonight
10. David Gray - Say Hello, Wave Goodbye
11. Explosions in the Sky - Your Hand In Mine

No comments: