Thursday, December 14, 2006

The name is Seamus O'Toole and I'm here to get drunk

Thank god this semester is over and done with. After a string of long and arduous assignments, grueling papers, mind-numbing lectures and just being a plain old pain in my ass, I am done. I don't even care what my grades are at this point, I'm just happy that I can kick up my feet and relax for a good five weeks. And I cannot wait to throw every caution to the wind and indulge in every whim. Drinking heavily will play a major part during my Christmas break. I am a little worried however, that my nights bar hopping will be populated with extras from Growing Up Gotti, waving their Nextels high above their heads while chanting along to some redundant raggaeton (wtf is that?) club hit. "Gasolina" is already throbbing in my head and making my eyes hurt. Anyway, here are some of my personal favorite jams to get into the partying mood, so while not officially a mix (the tracks are listed in no discernable order, make your own damn mixtape if you want!), it is filled to the brim with some classic, catchy, upbeat tunes. Enjoy, and, if you ever see me out, remind me to remind you that you should buy me a drink.

Shiny Toy Guns - Le Disko / We Are Scientists - Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt / Dead Disco - The Treatment / Bloc Party - Banquet / MSTRKRFT - The Looks / Fujiya & Miyagi - Ankle Injuries / The Strokes - Someday / The Clash - London Calling / Kasabian - Club Foot / Prodigy - Firestarter / Le Tigre - Deceptacon / Mystery Jets - You Can't Fool Me Dennis / Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Gold Lion / The Von Bondies - C'mon C'mon / The Libertines - Can't Stand Me Now / Arctic Monkeys - I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor / Muse - Stockholme Syndrome / Prototypes - Je Ne Te Connais Pas / The Killers - Bling (Confessions of a King) / Interpol - Slow Hands / Joy Division - Ceremony / New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle / The Spinto Band - Oh Mandy / The Cloud Room - Hey Now Now / The Strokes - New York City Cops / The Libertines - Up the Bracket / Babyshambles - Janie Jones / Cansei de ser Sexy - Lets Make Love and Listen Death From Above

No comments: