Thursday, December 28, 2006

Given the fact that I had no idea what my next post was going to be, but feeling the pressures of posting regardless, I set up to just coming up with a little playlist of some random tracks to see if any of them sparked something in my noggin. Unfortunately, doing this probably left me more confused and clueless then I was before. So with that being said, I am going to present to you what did come to mind, a sort of badass, revenge-ish, now that I'm drunk I can kick your ass kind of mix. I just sort of put together some of those songs that tend to sum up the hatred that we feel for another human being at any given point in our lives, whether it be the douchebag living across the hall, that unsympathetic bitch of a girlfriend, or the few folks who make all of the decisions for the rest of us. No matter how you look at it, the songs included are all of top notch caliber, so enjoy.

1. Spoon - Revenge! - can't get much more obvious than this quality track.
2. Muse - Time is Running Out - nothing like a song that gives the government a swift kick in the ass to spark a conversation about politics and the declining faith in said institutions.
3. The Libertines - What a Waster - the agressive, almost sloppy style of play employed by Doherty and co. allow their songs to have a very dirty, unpolished sound to them, and this song about a friend who's "pissed it all up the wall", is a perfect example.
4. Blur - Crazy Beat - Donald Duck on ecstasy.
5. Joy Division - Digital - this song takes you by surprise right from the opening chords and it doesn't let up throughout the entire song. it reminds me of just being sloppy drunk, with an overwhelming feeling of self-imposed superiority over everyone in my general vicinity.
6. Smashing Pumpkins - Fuck You (An Ode to No One) - pretty self-explanatory, don't you think?
7. Nirvana - Rape Me - this song is about as self-loathing as it gets, and television and movie industries have taught me that there is nothing scarier than the man who has nothing to lose.
8. Rage Against the Machine - Killing In the Name Of - you had to have known that Rage was going to show up somewhere.
9. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Suck My Kiss - this track is just oozing with energy (as most of the Chili Peppers older work is), the bassline is killer, and the lyrics are energetic and lots of fun.
10. Jimi Hendrix - The Killing Floor
11. She Wants Revenge - Tear You Apart - simply put, a great track from a band that I can't get enough of, infectious, to say the least.
12. The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black - it's the perfect song to cap off the mix, unnerving, chilling and it just plain kicks ass.

Bonus:
Rage Against the Machine - Down Rodeo

No comments: