Thursday, July 09, 2009

Mother Mother

Mother Mother is a five piece band from Canada that I don't know all that much about other than the fact that they craft catchy indie rock pop that is incredibly infectious. Apparently after only being around for two years they inked a deal with Last Gang Records (Death From Above 1979, Metric), and have since released two full length albums, neither of which popped up on my musical radar at all. I have to give credit where credit is due, but Rob over at Vanmega brought these guys to my attention, as they were recently featured on one of his monthly mixtapes (to be fair he's from Canada, so he's got one up on me). Anyway, they're pure, unabashed fun, so definitely check them out, as I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we hear this band being blasted through the earphones of hipsters and pumping through the speakers at Urban Outfitters.

mp3's
Mother Mother - Hayloft
Mother Mother - Body of Years
Mother Mother - Ghosting
Mother Mother - Polynesia

No comments: