Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Holidays @ Jive 23/10/10

I caught The Holidays, an energetic foursome out of Sydney, last Saturday at Adelaide indie music mecca, Jive. I was not entirely sure what to expect from the band, as my previous exposure to them was a halfhearted listen from a friend's iTunes. Never one to turn down a show, I decided to check them out, and let me tell you that I am glad that I did. The Holidays opened the show with an upbeat tune that had both the boys and girls in the audience swaying their hips and chanting along with the chorus. After that, the band never looked back, churning out song after song of infectious guitar riffs, swirling synths, and catchy bass lines that were all neatly packaged into tropical melodies that kept the party vibe alive and well.
The Holidays somehow managed to pack each one of their songs with as much sound as possible, which was welcomed by the crowd. The vocals of Simon Jones were crisp and unbridled despite the fact that this was the last show of a fairly long tour. The Holidays are good fun, with catchy pop songs, deft instrumentation and tight band dynamics that are sure to win over fans around the globe.
 The boys from The Holidays have just released their first album, titled Post Paradise, and it is available for download from iTunes here.  Check out the promo video for the album below, courtesy of Liberation Music.

Last but not least, check out some of the other photos I snapped at the show and a great article by Jimmy Bollard at Rip It Up magazine.



If you are lucky enough to be in Australia in the next few months, you have a number of opportunities to see The Holidays live, something I would highly suggest you do.

No comments: