Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Beach @ Glenelg & consumable seasonal mixtape





For those who are geographically challenged, Australia is on the opposite side of the world from the United States. If I were back in Connecticut right now I would be experiencing the temperature drops which come with Fall, and possibly even wake up to thin layer of frost covering the windshield of my car. In Australia though, it is Spring, and my days are usually filled with sunshine and very pleasant temperatures. About a week ago, temperatures got as high as 28 degrees Celsius (approximately 83 degrees Fahrenheit), so Rhiannon and I took our first trip to the beach at Glenelg. Neither of us ventured into the water since we deduced that the water would probably still be rather cold (although that didn't stop some people), but it was a beautiful day. I figured I would post a few pictures and a lazy Summer/Autumn mix that would suit either season. I figured I would try to ride the chillwave as much as possible before it was ultimately usurped by post-chill take-a-load-off-core, so I tried to include a few songs that would be considered as such, although pickings were slim since the "genre" of chillwave (sub-genre of lo-fi chillout dream-synth pop?!) only has like five notable (buzzworthy?! Whatever.) bands.

Washed Out - Feel It All Around
Small Black - Despicable Dogs
Band of Horses - Dilly
Beach House - Walk In The Park
Christopher Willits - Colors Shifting
Benoit Pioulard - Palimend
Empire of the Sun - Half Mast
Port O'Brien - I Woke Up Today
Toro y Moi - Leave Everywhere
Wolf Parade - Ghost Pressure

No comments: