Friday, July 29, 2011

The Elected - Bury Me In My Rings album review

Jenny Lewis of Rilo Kiley used to be a child actor. One of her most memorable roles is in the 1989 film, The Wizard, which was basically a 90-minute Super Mario Bros 3 commercial. For me, however, Jenny Lewis’ greatest performance was when I saw her in New York City a few years ago.  She was so “overcome” with emotion she collapsed onstage, sobbing hysterically, while her bandmates were forced to play on.

When Rilo Kiley guitarist Blake Sennett formed The Elected in 2004 he titled his band’s debut record Me First, which was probably a jab at the melodramatic antics of Kiley’s leading lady...

Click on the link below to read the rest of my review:

Rip It Up The Elected Bury Me In My Rings album review



The Elected by VagrantRecords

No comments: